Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Curmudgeon Curmudgeon is offline

Default Convert Carrier AC Package Unit to HeatPump

If you replace it with anything, replace it with a gas/propane "space-pak".
All-in-one heat and AC just like the unit you have - outside package.

BTW...these days electric heat is often as economical at fuel-based heat.
What you have may be the most economical for renters.

"komobu" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi;

I recently bought a house in SE Virginia to use as a rental. It has a
one year old carrier AC. It is a package unit so there is no indoor
airhandler or lineset. The ducting runs from the unit through the
crawl space. Everything is self contained outside. The Carrier number
is 50SD024301. The house has Electric BaseBoard Heat. I am worried
that people might not want to rent the house because of the baseboard
heat. I am thinking about having the AC unit replaced with a heatpump.
Before I call folks out and get a quote for a new heatpump, is it
possible to convert the ac unit I have to a heatpump for less than 3k?
I hate to discard a system that is less than a year old, but if I have
to I guess I will have to. Thanks for any advice.

Pat