Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default how to repair lifted trace pads ?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

I keep a small piece in my drawers when I need to repair a
board.

snip

You don't know how funny that sounds in England ... !! :-)

Arfa

Sounds funny here too - although the reference is archaic it's not one
that goes unnoticed. Poster's remarks were rife with other structure,
grammar and punctuation errors.

There's some interesting linguisic things coming up this week ! I didn't
realise that you used the word "drawers" to mean anything other than its
basic over there, or that the American sense of humour made use of
inuendo
or double entendre. Watching American comedy shows over here, and having
visited many times, I'd always thought that your humour was pretty
straightforward. Learn something new every day ! Did you see the reply to
your question about "going down a storm" ?

Arfa

99% of American TV shows are dumbed down to about the third-grade toilet
humor level. Pathetic. Innuendo, double entendre are still very much
alive amongst the few people here who are still intelligent enough to
understand subtlety and sophisticated humor. Mine tends to the bone dry
side and I often get blank stares from people. Seems if you're not
laughing at your own joke, others are too stupid to figure out that it
*is* a joke. I think I often offend people on usenet because I refuse to
append the smiley emoticon to my witticisms, and they're too
weak-brained to discern the humor, instead taking offense.

I'll be getting to the other topic presently.

I know what you mean, which is why I usually do put the smiley faces. Many
is the time that I have 'put my foot in it' over in your fair land, when I
have made some straight-faced throw-away comment to a person, only to get a
perfectly blank stare back, instead of a "yeah, yeah" grin that I would have
got here. I can't remember exactly what it was now, but last time we were
over in Florida, my wife made some witty comment to a restaurant server that
was somehow linked to his name, and he gave us a look like he thought we
were being really rude to him. I felt compelled to explain the 'joke' to
him, and when he got it, he was in hysterics, and went away muttering stuff
like "boy that's a good one ...!!" I too like dry humour. Some of your
comedy programmes go down really well here, as I'm sure that some of ours do
over there, but I'm equally sure that many of ours that find their way onto
your screens leave a lot of those blank stares behind ... Come to that, they
probably do here, as well ...

Arfa