Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gettting started on the cheap

On Oct 12, 11:15 am, F. George McDuffee gmcduf...@mcduffee-
associates.us wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:35:26 -0500, Bill
wrote:
snipI still want to build his shaper but that problably wont happen for a
decade or so until I can retire and have alot more free time.

snip
A word of warning. Don't assume that your health, eyesight, etc.
will be adequate, when you retire and get the time. Do the stuff
that you want now while you can.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
============
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.

Boy do these words ring true....

I can't count how many people I have known who collected equipment for
years for their retirement and either died, suffered health problems,
divorces, bankruptcies, etc. that resulted in them losing the dream of
"doing it some day".

Really, really sad.

There is much to be said for doing your hobby while you can...many,
many times you won't be able to when you get older.

TMT