Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default Re-using compression joints.

In article k The Medway
Handyman wrote:

Hmmmm! *Think I prefer the olive puller :-)

In the ideal world, yes. But not having one and being 10 miles away from the
nearest plumbers merchant the spanner and hammer did the job fine and was
quicker and cheaper. Fortunately I was able to detach the section of pipe
and grip it in a vice, it would have been near impossible if I'd had to do
it in situ with the pipe wobbling about as I bashed it.

I'd been thinking of getting one for a while, but a bit put off by the £20
ish price tag. *Needed one for a job the other day, so I decided to bite
the bullet.

Local plumbers merchant had the Silverline one (copy of the Monument) &
sold it to me for £4:99 - what a result!

They work a treat.

The 20 quid ones do seem a bit overpriced for what they are, that sounds
much better value for occasional use.

--
Mike Clarke