Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Toolboxes - are there *any* good ones out there?

For go anywhere mobility in a very well made rucksack, I have one of
these from CK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CK-TECHNICIANS...QQcmdZViewItem

Exceptionally well made, and reasonably well thought out. Excellent
for handtools, especially sharp-edged tools and measuring tools that
need protection. No room for power tools.

(I first bought the Plano one from Screwfix, and returned it as far
too small
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plano-PL542T-T...QQcmdZViewItem
)

I see lots of people with the Stanley rolling contractor boxes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STANLEY-Wheele...QQcmdZViewItem

If you have Romany blood, you might like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Wood-Hand-...QQcmdZViewItem

My bugbear is power tools coming in much larger boxes than they need
to be. My Skil circular saw - beautifully compact, same for Bosch sds
drill (including a useful bit of storage) - worst is a Bosch power
plane, supplied in a bloody suitcase.