Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy McKenzie Andy McKenzie is offline

Default Shower Cubicle

"diy-newby" wrote in message ...

"Steven" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

"JonG" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 11, 1:25 pm, "John" wrote:
"JonG" wrote in message

ups.com...

Could someone tell me what sort of a craftsman would fit a Shower
Cubicle?? I've been told a carpenter, but a couple I've rang say
they
don't do it.

Where do you live, I'll do it!!

HTH

John

Cork, Ireland!

Ah... the labour charge would be reasonable but travel time and expenses
would kill the job!! I was in Cork in September on holiday I could have
done it then. Look for a bathroom fitter, plumber, tiler, general
handyman rather than a carpenter.

John out of curiosity where are you based as I'm hopeful of getting one
put
in shortly?

I'm in Glasgow.

Steven.

Any advice on fitting shower trays please. I am about to re-fit our
en-suite. Are they just on legs?

My advice is, if you aren't too confident in the work, buy a tray with
adjustable legs and tiling upstands. The legs make fitting the waste and
getting levels right a doddle, and the upstands give peace of mind, after
tiling, in the integrity of the seal around the edge. The disadvantage is
you lose some height, but in most cases this shouldn't be a problem.

Andy