Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Wiring - 2 radials into 1 MCB, amongst other things...

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:24:38 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

Outdoor electrics is generally of much lower reliability than indoor,
so its not generally a great idea to put any outdoor stuff on indoor
circuits.

Whether outdoor electrics is more reliable depends on how well it is
done and how much weather it is exposed to. That is why I suggested
a division between lights mounted on an outside wall of the house
and ones further away. Millions of houses have the former on
"indoor" circuits without great tales of woe. Indeed such lamps may
experience less damp than lamps in a room containing a shower.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh