Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - LCNORM.zip

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:57:59 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:07:33 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:47:44 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:14:29 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 21:14:53 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

I wrote a little LC filter de-normalization program (free for the
asking) that makes it fairly easy. Look up a prototype in Williams,
plug that in, and fiddle with terminations and cutoffs until you
stumble onto a set of values that you can get. Then run LTspice and
see how it will look.

I'd be interested. "jsc AT ieee DOT org" is shorter to type than my biz
email.

I use routines like Aade but mostly just the old slide rule. Goes like
"Ok, we've got 1.2uH, 2.7uH and 4.7uH available here plus the E12 series
for caps, lets see how we can get into the ballpark with that". I am a
bit worried about my Williams, the pages are beginning to turn yellow.

Heck, here it is:

John

Ah, a good old Basic program and under DOS. I wonder why so many people
are dissing Basic. It works and under DOS the execution time seems to be
measurable only in microseconds. No hourglass and stuff like that.

But I won't part with my old slide rule ;-)

One more thing for the OP.

The word you are looking for is CRITIQUE.

And the word you are looking for is PARROT.

John

The REAL, NON-imaginary question is: how can you go from displaying a
modicum of gray matter, and jump to this utter horse****? You REALly are
one sad piece of ****, boy.

But I'm having fun, and you're not.

John