Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:11:45 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:36:17 -0500, David R. Birch wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:

Wouldn't it be great to hold your doctor to the same standards as you hold
your car mechanic?

Know any car mechanics who can work on a car while it's running at 60
mph? Docs can't shut you off, fix you, then turn you on again.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Many years ago, I had a Ford Econoline;
my neighbor was a car guy. We took the doghouse off, and he was adjusting
my engine while we were doing about 60 on the freeway.

The look of ecstasy on his face was priceless. :-)

Same doghouse trick works on Class A front-engine motorhomes when
you simply can't find the source of that odd noise in the driveway.

On the 60's Dodge and Ford "mid-engine"/"forward control" vans you
could take the top /and/ sides of the doghouse apart and have full
access to the sides of the engine while driving.

-- Bruce --