Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Fixture / jig for clmping 20mm stock in lathe ......

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:08:34 +0800, "Robbo"
wrote:

My apologies for the blank subject field....

"Robbo" wrote in message

Is there a neat way I can fabricate some sort of jig into which I can
quickly clamp the 25 L x 20 OD PVC pieces so they will be in the same
location? Some sort of simple collet??

Unless I'm missing some subtle point, a simple stop in your lathe's
spindle will work. You can make one that works like the opposing wedge
handlebar stem clamp with just your lathe and a hacksaw.

This is a more elaborate stop that I dreamed up that I use in my
collet closer tube.
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmon...ColletStop.pdf

Or, if your 3 jaw chuck has two piece jaws, you can make a set of soft
top jaws with a step to locate the blanks axially.

--
Ned Simmons