Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
I have the FDA documents on my desk. It is from their web site documents.

I couldn't remember the source of the two color sets. And it was aborted
at great expense due to the cancer scare.

Martin, I'm not following what you're talking about. The FDA rejected
roughly half of the aniline dyes (out of a set of around 200) that were in
use around 1960 or so, after they were given new authority and new
responsibilities to test and certify food colorants. What is it that they
supposedly did irresponsibly? That's what I couldn't follow in your last
post.

The big fiasco was over Red #2, starting in the late '60s. Which ones are
the issue, and what are you saying about what the FDA did with them?

--
Ed Huntress

Remember - THE red Cherry company had to use a crappy red not the real
M Red kind. They were concerned their business was going the way of
government
intervention.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
I don't think the FDA has had it right the first or second time ever.
For years they fed us color in food and candy and ... that caused
cancer.
Then when they 'discovered' it - so many people dying... so many doctors
reported problems...

You're probably refering to Red Dye #2, banned in 1976, which has never
been shown to cause any health hazards. None. Nada. Nowhere, except,
allegedly, in the old Soviet Union. It's still used in Canada and Europe,
and may again be used in the US, as soon as some new non-animal-based
research methods are perfected. FDA already is planning to re-examine #2.

Finally they switched to coal based color from oil - or perhaps it is in
reverse - and then the colors have free radicals of sulfur attached.
Just what we
need to die off earlier having these attack kidneys as they try to
convert
the sulfur compound into a sulfate which is safe to MAN.

Red #2 is an aniline dye, based on "coal tar." So are most other food
colors in use today.

Yellows and 'green which is a Yellow' are serious versions.

They state that 1% of the population would die once implemented, and
they
accepted that (on their web site) as justification. The number is 1%
die,
and 28 or 29 in various levels of severe to the hospital to stomach and
kidney
issues.

If the kidney cannot resolve by dumping enzymes on the sulfur the free
radicals
run through the blood system. Attaching and attacking as it floats
along.

Congress has never really supported this agency of the U.S. - it is
housed
in many buildings across the District. But they could do better.

I firmly believe they are on the take for color and the preservatives
used
in the U.S. time and time again medical and scientific people point out
the dangers to the public and they look the other way.

Their charter is to guard and protect us. They don't.
So sad. OBTW - I'm in the 1% that should die. I refuse so far once I
found
them out and take what I can to combat what the dose us with.

Virtually everything you said above is a complete fabrication by
somebody, Martin. There is no class of drugs or food additives that have
been more scrutinized by the FDA than aniline food- and cosmetic
colorings. There are no deaths attributed to their use. Someone is
pulling your leg in a big way.

--
Ed Huntress

Newsgroups