Joe

Default "Gingery" glass working lathe

I also saw your post on rec.crafts.glass.

Bear in mind that when the glass gets hot, unless both ends of the tubing are
being driven at the same speed, the glass will twist (friction on the "free"end).
A year or two ago, I saw a basic plan that used 2 identical servo (or was it
stepper?) motors to drive the tubing - one at each end. Don't remember the web
site, but a Google search should turn it up; try it on the Google Groups search
first.

What do you want to accomplish that requires a lathe? Most glass work can be done
by rotating the piece with your fingers. It probably would take less time to
acquire that skill than to build a lathe. Of course, if I could get a glassworking
lathe, I'd love to have it...

Joe

Allan Adler wrote:

Is it out of the question to modify Gingery's lathe design to make a
glass working lathe?
--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler