Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames Carl Ijames is offline

Default Finished Long Parts Tumbler

Split your tube lengthwise and get an "H" shaped gasket to seal the
seams. Use the caps to hold the sides together for rolling, then pull
the caps off and lift off the top half to get to your parts. I tried to
find an H shaped seal at www.mcmcaster.com but the best I could do is a
hollow round seal on top of a U, part 1120A312. You can cut open the
round half to make the H shape. You might even make up discs and glue
them onto each end on the inside of one tube half and always put that
side down when you open the tube, so when you pull the caps your media
doesn't spill out the ends.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net

wrote in message
ps.com...
Thanks for the help guys... Here's the final final...

http://www.ejearchive.com/temp/tumbler2.jpg

As it turns out, it doesn't need to have any grip material at all on
the edges. I roughed it up with sanding and that was good enough. A
normal belt was also good enough.

Only thing now is to sort out the inside. It seems to work without any
liner, but it's very noisy. I tried using that anti slip shelving
stuff taped in a pipe shape, but without gluing it, I think it was
just slipping around. Whatever material is used, it will have to be
glued in well. It's obviously a very hostile environment to make any
glue stay. Ideally what would be great is to have a hatch that opens
along the whole length. It's kind of a pain having to dump the stuff
out in a bucket, then put the media back in each time.

Dave