Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - LCNORM.zip

robb wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:23:27 -0400, robb wrote:

[snip]

even has 80-bit floats!

if you need 80 bit floats ....
I am surprised you guys are not using some functional

programming

language like scheme (lisp/Lambda calc variants) where your

reals

are number abstractions with no language or data type imposed
limit on the number size or precision and of course no

numerical

methods issues/errors from typical float/double data type
limitations
just wondering,

Loosely-typed or untyped data is a mare's nest of bugs just
waiting to happen.

Cheers!
Rich

I should have known better than to bring up software in hardware
group :}

perhaps you meant flexible or dynamic instead of loosely and un
typed ?

Amongst us hardware dudes flexible means like that hose that's around
cables that connect to a pump. Dynamic is some kind of memory, right
after ferrite cores was gitten short shrift.

[...]

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com