Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT[_2_] Steve Barker LT[_2_] is offline

Default How to tell level-ness of concrete floor

get out the hose.....

water it down......

see where it goes....

wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay, I know this is probably a stupid question with an obvious
answer, but...How do I tell if my concrete basement floor is level or
not? It's not so bad that it's obviously wavy, but I don't want to
plan on finishing the basement with an engineered wood floor only to
find out that it's slightly out of level. I've heard as little as 10
mm over a 3m length will cause problems, but I am not sure how to
detect this amount of dip or rise. Thanks for any help!