Posted to alt.home.repair
Kuskokwim Kuskokwim is offline

Default Seal prefinished wood floor?

On 11 Oct 2007 17:17:57 GMT, Jeff wrote:

"Kuskokwim" wrote in message

I installed a bamboo floor from Ikea that had a poor finish, so I sanded
it
lightly and applied two coats of Minwax Polyurethane For Floors,
semi-gloss.

It turned out fine, a big improvement. I did a sample board first to test
compatibility.

Thanks! very useful. May I ask how long ago you did the floors?

November of last year.

If your floor scratches easily you should probably do it right now. If it
has a durable finish I would wait and see what happens.

If you do it, use oil base, not latex. Oil base has better adhesion and
probably wears better.

Don't wax it if you think you might eventually apply a coat of urethane
because you might have adhesion problems.