Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How to tell level-ness of concrete floor

wrote:
Okay, I know this is probably a stupid question with an obvious
answer, but...How do I tell if my concrete basement floor is level or
not? It's not so bad that it's obviously wavy, but I don't want to
plan on finishing the basement with an engineered wood floor only to
find out that it's slightly out of level. I've heard as little as 10
mm over a 3m length will cause problems, but I am not sure how to
detect this amount of dip or rise. Thanks for any help!

Others noted the typical "hows", I'll only be pedantic and note it's
"flat" you're looking for, not necessarily "level"...