Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] smklassen@gmail.com is offline

Default Any one tried the 2-1/2" Clear Hose Dust Collection Kit from Woodcraft

On Oct 11, 4:14 pm, mac davis wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:49:16 -0700, "
wrote:

I'm thinking about adding a dust collection system to my small shop in
my basement. We just had a baby in May, so I'm concerned about the
extra dust in the house. Has anyone tried the 2-1/2" Clear Hose Dust
Collection Kit from Woodcraft? It's supposedly small enough to be
used with your shop vac. I've got a 6 gallon 3HP Craftsman shopvac,
not sure if that would do it or not. Let me know your opinions!

Thanks!

I think that before you invest in the 2 1/2" stuff, you should consider either a
portable DC or a real one, using4" hose..

Most of us have "been there, done that" and found that we should have spent our
money on a real system..

Even the Harbor Freight 2hp DC will be much more effective and easier to use,
and it's usually on sale for around $160 plus maybe $30 for a started kit with
hoses and such..

I use one almost every day and it does the job for me..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Thanks for all the information. It's good to know what you're getting
yourself into before you actually get yourself into it.

-S