Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Nova Nova is offline

Default Any one tried the 2-1/2" Clear Hose Dust Collection Kit fromWoodcraft

wrote:

I was planning on routing the collection system to my bandsaw, chop
saw, drill press (all three have 2 1/2 " dust ports) and to my lathe
(a gate at each machine), to pick up dust when I sand. I'd like to
eventually route it to my table saw, but I figure this system probably
won't be powerful enough with the shop vac.

Yeah, the capacity of the shop vac isn't large at all, 6 gallons, but
I figured it probably has enough power, being that it's 3HP - but I
really wouldn't know until I tried it.

All of the machines you've listed would require a higher volume of air
flow than the shopvac can generate to be effective. A true 3 HP motor
would draw about 50 amps at 110V.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA