Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default OT- Portable Nuclear Power Plants

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
So my question is, were the 9 Hanford reactors
a "crime against humanity", safetywise?

And you missed my point twice, apparently purposely. I was specifically
talking about commercial power reactors. I make no claim to any special
knowledge about the Hanford reactors, but the honest answer to your question
might well be "yes" on many levels, not just safetywise. Both sides did some
really despicable things to gain advantage in the cold war. For example: I have
been to the medical clinic for the Rocky Flats workers that were purposely not
educated about the dangers of the materials they were working with. It is not a
pretty sight.

That said, the discussion has been about commercial uses of nuclear power,
not military weaponry.

Vaughn