Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Finished Long Parts Tumbler

Hey Dave,

Looks super. Makes me wish In had something to tumble!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:48:35 -0700, wrote:

Thanks for the help guys... Here's the final final...

http://www.ejearchive.com/temp/tumbler2.jpg

As it turns out, it doesn't need to have any grip material at all on
the edges. I roughed it up with sanding and that was good enough. A
normal belt was also good enough.

Only thing now is to sort out the inside. It seems to work without any
liner, but it's very noisy. I tried using that anti slip shelving
stuff taped in a pipe shape, but without gluing it, I think it was
just slipping around. Whatever material is used, it will have to be
glued in well. It's obviously a very hostile environment to make any
glue stay. Ideally what would be great is to have a hatch that opens
along the whole length. It's kind of a pain having to dump the stuff
out in a bucket, then put the media back in each time.

Dave