Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Gas Explosion in flats.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:20:49 -0700, wrote:

Sorry to hear about what happened to your dad and his wife.

I wonder what the the escalation process is after detecting a leak. I
would hope that if a leak is detected, that unless the cause can be
rapidly found, they call in the cavalry. Maybe they misdiagnosed
another leak as the cause.

I think they did call in the cavalry. One possible problem is that they
may have been reluctant to gain entry to the empty house under my Dad's
flat.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk