Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Gas Explosion in flats.

In article ,
Ed Sirett wrote:
Some of you may have seen this news item.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7037020.stm

[snip]

How do I know? The flat on top belongs to my Dad and his wife, they are
now living for the next six months with my sister a few miles away.

Ouch. This isn't far from us - I remember hearing all the sirens (we
aren't far from the ambulance station) and wondering wtf was going on.

Strange how it all feels more personal now I know someone who I know
(well, know of virtually) had someone involved. Wierd.

I normally have some respect for many of the Transco guys but I want
to know what they were doing for six hours before the blast nearly killed
them. Fortunately they got away with a few cuts and bruises.

Good news. Seems everyone got away with minimal injurys. Will be interesting
to here the outcome of the investigation...

Hope your dad and missus get on ok.

Darren