Posted to alt.home.repair
Kuskokwim Kuskokwim is offline

Default Seal prefinished wood floor?

On 10 Oct 2007 15:43:39 GMT, Jeff wrote:

Hi,

Just installed a bamboo floor with a satin finish. I would think going over
the entire floor with some sort of sealer would be benificial in filling the
seams and adding some extra protection from scratches. No advice in
manufactures instructions one way or the other. Looking for
advice/expreiences... a liquid floor wax product ?, polyurathane - oil
based? water based?

I installed a bamboo floor from Ikea that had a poor finish, so I sanded it
lightly and applied two coats of Minwax Polyurethane For Floors,
semi-gloss.

It turned out fine, a big improvement. I did a sample board first to test
compatibility.