Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Powermatic 66 I might buy

"jo4hn" wrote:

It further
suggests a grease such as Fisk Company "Lubriplate". Is that stuff
diffenent from cup and chassis grease?

Lubriplate is name brand name for a line of industrial lubricants
including "cup and chassis grease"

IMHO, this is definitely a time for "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

A stiff brush to break up the clumps and gain access to the gear teeth
so the brake cleaner can do it's job would be my choice.

When clean, I use spray on chain lube on my saw, it works for me.

Time to come down off the hill and do a little shopping at Grainger.
They will have the industrial grade stuff on display at the counter.

Have fun

Lew