Tim Williams

Default "Gingery" glass working lathe

I doubt you need a machine *anywhere* near as stiff as a metalworking lathe.
Just a slow turning, sealed spindle as far as I know. The only forces
present are bearings, the flame and pressure (plus or minus) inside the
glass, no? And the flame needn't be positioned within thousandths of the
glass surface either.

Tim

--
"I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,

"Allan Adler" wrote in message

Is it out of the question to modify Gingery's lathe design to make a
glass working lathe?
--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

and
* comments do not reflect in any way on MIT. Also, I am nowhere near

Boston.