Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22384 Ignoramus22384 is offline

Default Taps in green coating

On 2007-10-11, Grant Erwin wrote:
Ignoramus22384 wrote:
If I see a tap in green coating, would it be correct to assume that it
is a resharp?

It could be, probably is. But it also could be someone was just using up some
green hot dip.

It could also be new. Sometimes plastic packages get cracked and tossed.

Basically, I think all you can assume is that it's a tap in green coating.

I have about 250 lbs of taps in my pickup, hence the question. They
came from a plant that was surplising some of their stuff, I am sure
that they have no time for cheap gimmicks -- and they did not get much
$$ for the taps either, not worth the scamming effort.

By the way, the visit to the plant today was very interesting, they
had giant metalworking machines the size of a small house.