Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B Stuart B is offline

Default Water Filled Extinguishers .

Ages ago someone on Freecycle gave me a couple of fire extinguishers
and one of them was a water filled one . It was empty so I took the
top off and filled it with water . It didn't work when I squeezed the
handle . Today I was clearing out a spare room and picked up this
extinguisher and squeezed the handle and water spurted forth so I took
it in to the bathroom and directed the hose in to the bath and
operated it and water gushed out of the hose . .
Does anyone know what it is that makes these things work .There must
be more than just water in them . Is ther some sort of tablet you put
in before or after filling with water .
I'd love to know .

I was going to give it away on Freecycle but as it seems to be working
I'll keep it but I need to know more about it .

Stuart