Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default SMD transistor ID ? ... R04 ?

"Sparkey" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi;

I'm trying to repair a Samsung Syncmaster flat panel monitor.
Model 240T (24")

There is video on the screen but dimly lit. The converter for the CCFL
took a good hit. There are several burned components in the DC
converter. Among the wreckage, are some smd transistors marked R03 and
R04.(marked right on the device) I have had no luck decoding this
label at all.

Some of the other R04 smd's check with a high reading like you'd
expect a FET would but I can't be sure.

Any help here would be appreciated. Especially if you have a print of
the converter on this unit
Thanks,
Spark

Sometimes, the inverter transistors fail as a result of other things such as
bad transformers. You might find it a cheaper and more reliable repair, to
just replace the inverter board complete. Most are available either as
originals or replacements.

Arfa