Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Repairing a pipe with a wire in it

"dpb" wrote in message ...
MiamiCuse wrote:
On 2007-10-07, MiamiCuse wrote:
Hi I have a 1-1/2" PVC pipe that goes underground. Inside of it
carries an
electric wire (looks Romex).
It shouldn't be Romex, as that is not approved for underground use.
So double check the cable type--if it is Romex, you need to replace
the whole cable, in which case your conduit repair problem is much
easier.
True, but if it is gray and looks like Romex and is marked UF, it is the
right wire for underground work.

It looks like romex color is black. I cannot see any markings due to the
short section it's broken off and I hesitate to break off more just to
see where it may have markings.

I wouldn't sweat/worry about it -- being as you're in an area w/ code, I'd
assume proper material would have been used...

As noted in another reply to Edwin who says he saw repair fittings for
plastic, go to your local electrical distributor and get what you need...

--

Thanks!