Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default How to Find a Steel Utility Door?

You probably won't find what you are after at the box stores or a
lumber yard.

some of the brand names you seek a

Ceco http://www.cecodoor.com/
Republic http://www.republicdoor.com/states/ca.htm
Steelcraft http://www.steelcraft.com/

Look in your yellow pages under commercial hardware.

Steel door runs about $250 and the jambs about $100, set of hinges
(1 1/2 pair) about $30, hardware of your choosing - mortise or
cylinder, make sure the door is prepped for what you need.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
The door from the garage into the back yard, not used especially
often, is a
builder's special which after several decades has "seen better
days", as they
say. And the framing around it was hit by termites quite
severely - I think I
nuked them but the frame is heavily damaged.

After digesting everything I could read on the internet, I think
I'd like to
put a steel door there, but not the typical dents-easily 26
gauge guy; I'd
rather pay a few bucks more for a 20 gauge unit.

But I'm having trouble locating a source here in Southern
California. I read
a well-written recommendation for the products by a company
called Precision,
but they don't seem to have a presence out here.

Can anyone suggest a means of getting a decent non-ornate heavy
steel pre-hung
door around here, or brands that I might consider? This has
been a
surprisingly futile search target.

Art