Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default OT- Portable Nuclear Power Plants

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:59:57 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 05:16:07 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:17:06 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "azotic"
quickly quoth:

My thoughts upon reading the article are that it might be a good idea to
have a few of these floating nuclear power plants built and ready to use
should we ever need them in an emergency.

Like for the day after the Big One hits California and everything east of
the San Andreas Fault slips into the Atlantic? Yeah, the quake might have
scrammed San Onofre...

FWIW, it's a shear fault - the plate isn't going to sink, it's just
going to move LAX to San Francisco. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

West Hollywood would finally Hook Up with San Fran...and the airlines
catering to gay weekends would go broke.

Gunner