Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default New eBay fishing/scamming approach in the works

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

What a heap of trouble. Get a Mac!

Or Linux. I used to have constant attacks, and was worried
somebody would eventually get lucky, until I put in denyhosts.
When any particular IP address tries to log in on any service or
username 5 times within an hour with a wrong password on invalid
username, that IP source address is locked out for 2 weeks by
putting it in the /etc/hosts.deny list. Boom - no more
thousands of failed login attempts! I haven't had a bit more
trouble since adding that to Linux. They still try, but with
only 5 attempts every 2 weeks, they just go elsewhere.

Jon