Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default How to Find a Steel Utility Door?

Check in the yellow pages for your local area, you should be able to locate
a manufacturer/wholesaler/building materials supplier who can supply such a
door. I think calling it a utility door is your problem, most are actually
fire doors or at least made by companies that make fire doors. A call to
them will tell you if they have such a beast, or who carries such a product,
most likely an industrial building materials supplier. Possibly you could
obtain their web site if they have one to select a particular door to fit
your needs.

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
The door from the garage into the back yard, not used especially often, is
builder's special which after several decades has "seen better days", as
they
say. And the framing around it was hit by termites quite severely - I
think I
nuked them but the frame is heavily damaged.

After digesting everything I could read on the internet, I think I'd like
put a steel door there, but not the typical dents-easily 26 gauge guy; I'd
rather pay a few bucks more for a 20 gauge unit.

But I'm having trouble locating a source here in Southern California. I
read
a well-written recommendation for the products by a company called
Precision,
but they don't seem to have a presence out here.

Can anyone suggest a means of getting a decent non-ornate heavy steel
pre-hung
door around here, or brands that I might consider? This has been a
surprisingly futile search target.

Art