Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How to Find a Steel Utility Door?

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Many retail stores have doors just like that for their behind-the-building
delivery entrances. When you called around to some builder's supply
companies to inquire about such doors, what did you find out?

No calls yet - only internet scrutiny and this posted enquiry.

I hadn't elaborated, but hope to find a door with a smallish window in the
upper third to give some light into the garage. (Was I using the wrong term
when I called it a "utility door"?) Most behind-the-building guys seem to be
solid/windowless.

Any building supply will have them in stock. It's simply a metal entry
door. In any metro area, they're also bound to be a zillion places that
manufacture them locally as well -- in fact, the building suppliers
probably buy them from a local rather than national.

You can get them w/ whatever you want for 'lites'. If it's a standard
2x4 framing wall and a standard opening, should be able to get one
simply walking in and carrying out.

Yellow pages are your friend...