Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to Find a Steel Utility Door?

On Oct 10, 3:55?pm, (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
The door from the garage into the back yard, not used especially often, is a
builder's special which after several decades has "seen better days", as they
say. And the framing around it was hit by termites quite severely - I think I
nuked them but the frame is heavily damaged.

After digesting everything I could read on the internet, I think I'd like to
put a steel door there, but not the typical dents-easily 26 gauge guy; I'd
rather pay a few bucks more for a 20 gauge unit.

But I'm having trouble locating a source here in Southern California. I read
a well-written recommendation for the products by a company called Precision,
but they don't seem to have a presence out here.

Can anyone suggest a means of getting a decent non-ornate heavy steel pre-hung
door around here, or brands that I might consider? This has been a
surprisingly futile search target.

Art

have you tried home depot, ask for fire door, heavily built to
withstand near anything, although my regular steel front door is
plenty heavy. they can be ordered with no windows etc, and are
affordable