Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Oxy/acet torch questions

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:11:00 -0700, snarl wrote:
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:46:00 -0700, "SteveB"
"AWN" wrote

I just plain don't want to fall down and go boom!

If it went BOOM, I doubt you'd hear or feel much. That video of the
exploding bottles at that gas supply yard in Dallas a few weeks back was
just unbelievable. I think it did make believers out of some who said,
"What's the worst that could happen?"

Some of those tanks went a quarter mile.

Don't know what he heard or felt, but th' propane truck driver who's
loaded tanker blew to kingdom come in this one, is still alive. Critical
condition at Harborview, but alive.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...omafire07.html

Preliminary cause is focused on an improper hose connection.

It's on youtube already:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jsD8HFcOfCU

Cheers!
Rich