Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

On 2007-10-10 22:12:10 +0100, "John" said:

"Skipweasel" wrote in message
.uk...
In article , am says...
When I was about three, I remember telling my grandmother that I hadn't
had the sugar cubes in the bowl in her sideboard.

When asked who'd slammed the door my brother is reputed to have retorted
(at about the age of four) "But I only slammed it gently".
--
Skipweasel.
Never knowingly understood.

I would imagine that the original poster has lost the will to live by now.

Is there a DIY solution - imagine the wind is causing the door to slam.

Yes. Ask the family to close the windows. Quietly.

It's important to think of DIY in a wide context and with lateral
thought. This is inclusive of anything and any idea that doesn't
involve bringing in an outside party. Therefore it's just as valid
to discuss how to prevent the door being banged "at source" than to
deal with the outcome. In fact it's even better, considering the
principle of "give me a fish and I will eat today, teach me to fish and
I will eat always".

Fixing the result is really akin to a bodge rather than crafting a
proper solution. DIY is not about bodging but doing a job better
than a professional.

Given all of that, there have been many more DIY solutions than bodges
in answers on this thread.

It was all free as well. A professional would charge a lot of money
for such sage counseling.