Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - LCNORM.zip

John Larkin wrote:

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:13:07 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:52:11 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

I have two 9100's, both dead, and HP refuses to release the
schematics, after over 30 years!

Maybe they are still afraid the Russians would copy it ;-)

Well trace back through it, and draft one up.

Show us how it's done!

That would be a monstrous amount of work, and most of the logic is in
little epoxy-dipped sip-type boards, like the things you used to see
in old TV sets.

The 9100 used core memory to store the program; if it was running a
program, you could shut it off and turn it back on, and it would keep
going. It had three different roms: diode matrix, resistor matrix, and
a multilayer pcb that used magnetic coupling between layers.

The HP archivist has all the docs, but won't let me see them. But they
spent over a million bucks to buy "the garage."

Wasn't that accidentally bulldozed away?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com