Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Dewalt cordless clutch useless?

I just got my model 925 cordless hammer drill back from the shop the second
time and the clutch still doesn't do anything. The guy said it really
doesn't kick in except in high gear. Porter Cable works well enough in low
gear and so does Hitachi and Milwaukee. What gives with the Dewalts? Is
the repair guy correct? If so, why bother with a clutch at all? When I
need the clutch I also need low speed, not high speed, such as deck screws
and light fixtures and such. Do I really need to buy another drill just to
be able to use a clutch?

Mike D.