Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Replacing electrical wall outlets...

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:19:06 -0400, mm
wrote:

[snip]

I don't unplug anything either. I may have lost an internal modem via
a surge on the phone line, or maybe it broke for some other reason.

I remember several cases of losing computer equipment during a
thunderstorm. All of them were modems (connected to phoneline). That's
ONE reason why I prefer external modems.

[snip]

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin