Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cfitzpatrick@townandgardens.com is offline

Default Powermatic 66 I might buy

On Oct 9, 10:10 pm, "bob" wrote:
A fellow with failing health is selling a Powermatic 66, 3hp, 1phase, with
50" Beisemeyer fence and a CMT 8" dado set for $1800. It is 16 years old
and has less than 100 hours of use. I took a look and it is in excellent
condition. No rust on the table, everything works and is tight. I noticed
that the tilt was hard to turn. He said he'd never tilted the blade in 16
years. Should I buy it?

He had a bunch of other stuff as well, all top of the line Powermatic.

I bought a 66 about 1 1/2 years ago. It is a 5hp, single phase. I like
it a lot, it has a router lift built into the table too. I think I
paid about $2600 incl delivery. So the only concern I would have is
the price. I would think it should be less, but I'm glad to hear they
hold their value. Of course I am aware that an older saw may be better
in terms of where it was made, but I have no complaints with mine. I
got it online at etoolclub.com ( I think that's right).