Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default To pocket or not to pocket?

"RayV" wrote

I got curious and tried it myself and came up with a diagonal
measurement of 1.47849599702639" at 6" up on that taper which would
give the ~1 1/4" of "remaining meat" on the diagonal you came up
with. It took me almost an hour to remember how to do it.

Mr Spiker (8th grade math teacher) can now tell me "I told you that
you would need to know this one day..."

LOL ... at one time I would have broken out the slide rule and given you the
answer in a minute, or less.

Today ... I use CAD!

I used to hate tapering legs so much that I would do anything not to screw
one up and be forced to redo it ... and I was sitting on the front porch and
just happened to be working, over my morning coffee, on the design of a
piece I'm thinking of building when I saw your post and already had the
program open.

Sorry to burst your bubble. G

--
www.e-woodshop.net