Posted to uk.d-i-y
stevelup stevelup is offline

Default Core Drills.

On Oct 10, 1:52 pm, Matthew wrote:
Hi All,

Im looking for some recommendations for core drills.

I need to drill two holes through brick walls in order
to install two 4" extractor fans. I have a bosch sds plus
drill but havent used core drills with it before.

I guess there are two types diamond and tungsten teeth.
Not sure what make or what accessories are needed.
Its only the two holes so I dont want to spend too much.
Any advice?

Thanks,
Matthew

Hi

For such a big size of hole you should really use a drill with a
clutch - otherwise you risk breaking an arm if the cutter snags. As
you only need to cut two holes, I would suggest that you would be
better off hiring the equipment.

Our local independent hire firm charges about £30 for the drill and £3
for cutters up to 2" and £5 for cutters over 2"

Steve