Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Finishing inside of cabinets

Malcolm Hoar wrote:
In article , "HeyBub"
wrote:
Malcolm Hoar wrote:
I am currently refinishing some under-sink bathroom cabinets.

As long as you're in there, replace the bottom shelf. Damn things
are made of carboard and get all bendy with the least little water.

1/4" plywood with a brace underneath. Something.

Well, the base is in pretty good shape although it is MDF. I'll
be pulling off the old stick-on liner and will replace that
with some vinyl flooring. I've installed vinyl in some of our
other cabinets and it works great. I was even able to chamfer
the front edge of the vinyl using a rasp so it looks neat.

Cool. That'll work. If you've got the flooring out, do put a brace under it
(I used a cut-off section of 4x4). Those particle-board shelves do get
bendy.