Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default Is This DirecTv Dish Compatible with My Receiver?

On Oct 9, 1:45 pm, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:38:08 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Makes sense to me. Why would you want to have to go up the ladder
again to place a dish when you inevitably upgrade at some point in
the future? Considering the small difference in cost, I'd put up the
better dish now and save myself the trouble later.

Don't put the dish where you need a ladder to access it.

Mount the dish on a 6' pole anchored to the ground like a fence post. Or
bolt to a deck railing. Easier to adjust, easier to remove snow, easier to
take down.

The difference between 6' and 16' compared to 25,000 miles is insignificant.

The satellite to dish distance is insignificant. The height of this
(dish-sat) line at the dish end isn't. That could make the difference
between a good signal and no signal because of a tree in the way.

Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin

"I cannot conceive otherwise than that He, the Infinite Father,
expects or requires no worship or praise from us, but that He is even
infinitely above it."
--Benjamin Franklin