Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Powermatic 66 I might buy

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:10:37 -0500, "bob"
wrote:

A fellow with failing health is selling a Powermatic 66, 3hp, 1phase, with
50" Beisemeyer fence and a CMT 8" dado set for $1800. It is 16 years old
and has less than 100 hours of use. I took a look and it is in excellent
condition. No rust on the table, everything works and is tight. I noticed
that the tilt was hard to turn. He said he'd never tilted the blade in 16
years. Should I buy it?

He had a bunch of other stuff as well, all top of the line Powermatic.

sixteen years ago that saw and every component that went into it, was
manufactured in the McMinnville, TN facility. That includes all of
the castings which came from powermatic's dedicated foundry.

Today, the saws are assembled close to Nashville of compnents that
come from...........?

If I had my choice.........

Frank