Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finishing inside of cabinets

"Malcolm Hoar" wrote in message
In article , "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Think about this: Measure the insides of the cabinet precisely. Find some
very thin plywood and cut to size so it can be glued inside the cabinet.
Check the fit carefully. Take the pieces to the garage and paint in the
most
bulletfroof way possible. Let it sit in the garage until the stink is
gone.
Install in cabinet.

Heh, not a bad idea but too much work just to avoid the
stink. The other approach would be to install a Formica
lining -- I considered that for the kitchen cabinets I
refinished but it's not cheap and it would probably take
a while to learn the techniques for cutting that stuff.
But it would make for a very durable and easy to clean
lining.

If you like this idea, you owe me $5,000.00 for saving you from the paint
stink in the house. Cash will be fine.

Hmmm, the Formica would be cheaper. Come to think of it,
gold leaf would be cheaper. Now, there's a thought... ;-)

Seriously, thanks for the spray primer/enamel suggestion.
I didn't like it at first, but the more I think about it,
the more it makes sense.

I am the paint god. :-)