Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Is This DirecTv Dish Compatible with My Receiver?

George wrote:
There is no self install anymore. All of the equipment is owned by them.
You buy the service and they send someone over with the equipment and to
set it up.

When did this happen? Three years ago I installed a four receiver system at my
father's beach house. The receivers all belong to me.... I got them at Best
Buy, along with the dish.

I needed to be the one to do the installation, rather than them... otherwise
they'd have discovered that my father didn't live in a nearby city as he
claimed. He wanted local stations for City X, 20 miles from his home. Because
he lived in Town Y, they said he lived in a different demographic viewing area
and he would have to get local stations from City Z... 70 miles away... a place
he never goes. Unacceptable.

So we fixed him up with a dummy mailing address; he gets the locals from where
he wanted; DirecTV gets paid online every month. Everybody's happy. Nobody
gets cheated out of money. But obviously their agenda isn't the same as ours.
Too bad for them.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com