Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialingin the house as well?

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article .com,
JLF wrote:

I want the phone just for nostalgic/style reasons -- a light blue
princess phone from childhood.

That's Princessr grin

In that case, be sure to install the separate, external power supply so that
the dial lights up.

The dial light is user-settable to go completely dark when the handset is
hung-up or to emit a nice, muted glow for a night light.

Western Electric sure could build some nice stuff. sigh

The older Princesses needed the gray power cube for the dial light, but
would work fine without. (Still have a few in the old phone crate, plus
one the previous owner left hanging from an abandoned line in basement.)
It was sometimes installed near the phone, sometimes in the basement,
using Y-B to pass the power. The later Princesses were line powered.
Great little cubes, damn near indestructible. Too bad phones are pretty
much all they were good for.

aem sends...